Thank you for volunteering to be a Turnpike Basketball Coach. Your time and mentorship is incredibly valuable to these young athletes. This page has some good resources for you as a new or returning coach.
- Background Check - Before you receive your gym permits and team roster, you must complete a background check. The background check is conducted by a company called Protect Youth Sports and your information is submitted via an encrypted form.
- Volunteer Training - Once you submit your background check, you will receive a link to an online training program about being a volunteer that works with children.
- Concussion Awareness - please take a moment to familiarize yourself with this Coaches Concussion Fact Sheet. Concussions are brain injuries and can be very serious. Being able to recognize a concussion and reacting appropriately is incredibly important to the safety and well-being of an athlete.
- Volunteer Building Director - each team must have a certified volunteer building director in order to be permitted to use county gym space. Don't sweat it - the training is easy. An important note - you should also encourage multiple parents from the team to do the same. Your team will be required to offer a VBD during games and a coach CANNOT act as the VBD during the game.
- Game Day Instructions
- 2018-19 Game Rules
- Gymnasium Use Hot Sheet
- Remote Scoreboard Controller Operation (Frost, Camelot, Wakefield Forest)
Gym Setup and Take Down Instructions:
- Camelot ES Gym Set Up & Take Down
- Canterbury Woods Gym Set Up & Take Down
- Frost Gym Set Up & Take Down (click here for a map of Frost MS)
- Poe Gym Set Up & Take Down
- Wakefield Forest ES Gym Set Up & Take Down
- Woodson HS Gym Set Up & Take Down (click here for a Woodson Map and click here for a photo showing where the bins should be stored.)